[lit-ideas] Re: Lip slip

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:35:35 EST

In a message dated 2/4/2005 4:55:18 PM Central Standard Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Who  cares what Bush says? It's all lies anyway.

And the numbers show it:  people don't pay attention to him anymore.

Hi,
Sounds like apathy.

Not necessarily the healthiest attitude in a democracy or in a country  which
has some major issues to overcome (in my opinion...)

People DO pay attention to him--at least the people who will be making the
decisions on things like social security, etc.

And, obviously, a lot of people believed what he said enough to vote for
him...so if they are not listening to him, now, I am supposing that it is
because they agree with him and think he will 'take care' of them?

And, the rest of us?  I think Julie was the one with the most  courage.
Sounds like the rest were either living in denial, running away  (because of
feeling powerless? hm...) or not able to handle the emotions that  hearing our
Pres
speak evokes (i.e. that would be me...so I decided to wait and  read the
transcript later...)

Thinking about starting one of those Democracy for Kids groups,
Marlena in Missouri