[lit-ideas] Re: Life or death

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:54:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

What idealism?  I said it's pie in the sky fantasy.  Nobody's interested, that's all.  As far as parenting, there are no secrets unless you think that stuff that's taught is secret.  It isn't society's givens, it's society's acceptance.  As far as melanoma, melanoma is unlike ordinary skin cancers.  It's a systemic cancer, almost as fast and as deadly as pancreatic cancer, and it's actually reduced through higher Vitamin D level, i.e., an improved immune system.  And those who call for increasing D exposure aren't calling for dangerous levels of sun anyway.  Yep, pie in the sky fantasy ...  Actually, that's why public health measures are usually so small, so incremental, because people just won't do more.  So they tell them to park farther away, eat 50 calories fewer, etc. etc. thinking that anything is better than nothing.  I want to say that Carol is obviously a nice person if she's concerned with healthcare.  I'm concerned with it too, but from a different perspective, one that people find much less desirable.