[lit-ideas] Re: Life or death

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:07:24 -0500

Canadians shake their heads. Yes, we have often unacceptable waiting times for necessary surgery. Yes, the system wastes tons of our money. But, unlike my sister in sourthern Indiana, my neighbours don't not take their kids to the doctor because they can't afford it. Americans spend more per capita than any other country on health care...but...

Ursula
happy to be Canadian for this and many other reasons...

Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:
Julie,
More people in the US need to know what's up. Most don't realize that the treatment for people without health insurance (or the money to pay for treatment outright) is, simply, lack of treatment.