[lit-ideas] Re: Life Magazine: The London Quarter

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:31:52 -0700

Our man in London writes

P.S. Somebody recommended to me the bar at the Mentone Hotel. There is no bar
at the Mentone Hotel at Cartwright Gardens. Nice hotel, no doubt, right next to
the Marchmont Road neighborhood, but no bar. Not that there's anything wrong
with the Norfolk Arms just up the street of course.

Somebody--me, actually--recommended the Mentone Hotel as a place where one might find decent accommodations. I didn't recommend the bar there, mostly on the grounds that, as you've discovered, there isn't one.

Winston Sheep
Assistant Director
Mutton Overseas