[lit-ideas] Re: Life Magazine: The London Quarter

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:16:19 -0230

In the missive sent you all yesterday by your London Correspondent, he writes
"If you love Oban ... you're in trouble in London." He desperately wishes to
retract that pronouncement and qualify it with the statement that the claim is
a conclusion arrived at after visiting only about 10 -15 pubs in the Bloomsbury
and Soho areas. Journalistic integrity does not authorize damning an entire
city on such paltry premises. (Surely there are other premises in Greater
London boasting the presence of this very fine malt.)

And for those of you whiskey connoisseurs who know the town better than I,
thanks for not rubbing my nose in this embarrassing claim, which is most
probably false, was hurriedly written and sent under less than ideal
conditions.

Walter O.
Hasn't been everywhere, hasn't done everything