[lit-ideas] Re: It is Islam, Dummy

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:32:06 -0700 (PDT)

I've been a little busy these days but I admit that we
all have our preferences, Lawrence. This guy sounds so
idiotic that I doubt that even you would have posted
it if he didn't happen to have a Muslim name.
Blaming Islam for all the bad things Muslims do or
have done is no more plausible than blaming
Christianity for Nazism or Bolshevism. (Nazism -
'militant Christianity' ?) Also, to write a history of
the US without reference to either the treatment of
the Indians or to slavery, and to present 'American
civilization' as something completely separate from
its European roots, is quite a stunning achievement.

SInce you yourself know at least a little better than
this, I wonder if you are assuming that this guy is
somehow more worth listening to because he is a Muslim
? If so, you might wish to lend your ear to all those
Muslims who think differently.

O.K.

<http://www.islam-watch.org/AmilImani/USLastFrontier.htm>

http://mail.yahoo.com