[lit-ideas] Re: It is Islam, Dummy

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:38:38 -0700

There you go, Omar.  I knew you could come up with a good reason for not
reading a long article -- excuse me an article you aren't likely to like:
the old BS meter.  Swell.  Heck, this Amil Imani probably isn't worth
reading anyway.  He's an ex-Muslim rather than a Muslim in good standing.
Here are some of his ex-Muslim articles that you won't want to read either:
<http://www.islam-watch.org/AmilImani/index.html>
http://www.islam-watch.org/AmilImani/index.html

Here's an article for example in which Imani says "America is the last haven
of hope where humanity can flourish."  You definitely wouldn't want to read
that article:  <http://www.islam-watch.org/AmilImani/USLastFrontier.htm>
http://www.islam-watch.org/AmilImani/USLastFrontier.htm

One site describes Imani as "a columnist, literary translator, novelist and
an essayist who has been writing and speaking out for the struggling people
of his native land, Iran."  Anyone like that is bound to set off your BS
Meter.

Lawrence