[lit-ideas] Re: It has just come to my attention...

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 17:08:05 -0500

I've noticed that "a quarter after" is seldom used anymore, and I'm not
sure how much this impacts the basics of 60 second units per minute, 60
minutes per hour.  * *I guess second-hands are obsolete also.  I wonder if
stop-watches are all digital now.  I've never really had occasion to use
one, as an adult.  It must be odd, as a kid, to see these round things
called clocks in various places, that mean nothing to the child.

Julie Krueger