[lit-ideas] Re: Is torture wrong by definition?

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:45:55 -0400

EY: See your claim and raise it.

> Let's show ALL the stuff. Show the Muslim world to
> America...the slavery, the torture, the
> decapitations, the mutilation of women, the
> cutting off of noses and hands, the oppression and
> ignorance--show it all.

I agree, we should. But it goes both ways.

AA:Two wrongs make a right. How does stooping to their level raise us?

Two wrongs? Do YOU believe that we SHOULDN'T show that stuff? Remember, I'm not advocating that atrocities are carried out SO that they can be televised, I'm advocating the reporting of atrocities that people DON'T think about or even know about when they are going on.

If we had nightly barrages of the macheted corpses of Rwandans in the 90s, do you think our governments could have POSSIBLY stayed away the way they did?

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada