[lit-ideas] Re: Is torture wrong by definition?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:59:12 -0400

I'm not sure I agree.  People sometimes take the same word and talk past
each other with it.  Success, for example, might be one thing to me and
another to you.  We might think we're disagreeing when in fact we're
talking about different things.  Sometimes people use a word not knowing
themselves what it means.  It makes thinking fuzzy and discourse difficult
if there is no agreement or clear understanding of terms.  Anything can be
overused, it's true.  I wondered myself where in the definition of killing
one finds the word wrong.  If one says by definition, one needs to look in
the dictionary and see it defined that way.

This

Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com