[lit-ideas] Re: Is Bush unopposed?

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:16:53 +0100

Tuesday, September 7, 2004, 3:48:01 AM, Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

Marlena

I have friends in Missouri who are firmly Democrat this time (actually
they were last time, but their politics are a bit more complex than
that suggests); one is for Kerry and dislikes Edwards, one is
primarily for Edwards.  The one's dislike of Edwards (for reasons with
which many in the UK would agree; I suppose I am more used to US
politics and law than they) is interesting; it does show the situation
is not simple.

c> I live across the street from a family who invited me (yesterday) to a Bush
Eac> rally on Tuesday (he will be in my suburb on Tuesday...the wife has tickets
Eac> and  the husband cannot go--they both know that I voted for Bush and am
one of
Eac> the  Great Disillusioned of the Republican Party

*Marlena*! I always thought of you as a Democrat! Dear me :-)

Eac> as  all that the Republican Party USED to stand for is now being stood for
by
Eac> the  Democrats [even my mom--die-hard Republican--says the same...].)

We have that problem here too... but we have enough push towards what
some in the US call Communism, e.g. the NHS, to hold onto a fair
amount (I hope)!

Eac> his rhetoric (it seems to me...) as he claims to be this incredible
born-again
Eac> Christian (who will support Israel even though they will not be raptured
with
Eac>  the rest of the Christians but who will live with 'us' in Paradise[thank
Eac> goodness Ben and I are included <wry look> <g>])

I can't stand that lot and anyway he's lying: the deal is, Israel and
the Jews sink into the sea (aka hell?) as the righteous Christians
ascend. Or so I thought.

Eac>   (Of course, there were only FOUR people involved in the Kerry  campaign
Eac> before the Dem convention in Missouri.

*Madness*  -- but I suppose that's your political party problem

Eac> Anyway...I did like the Wall Street Journal opinion article which stated
Eac> that the worst thing for the Republican party would be for Bush to be
Eac> re-elected.

With luck, you could see the Republicans sink the way our Tories have,
but without getting a Blair who will outflank them on the right..

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx