[lit-ideas] Re: Iraq Exit Strategy with Emus

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:29:39 +0000

Sunday, March 13, 2005, 8:31:37 PM, Andreas Ramos wrote:

AR> Judy, it's not an issue of whether they are male or female.
AR> Gay men watch gay male porn. Gay
AR> women watch gay women porn. Is each group subordinating
AR> themselves when they do this? If so,
AR> how can a group subordinate itself? In relation to what other group? If
not, what does that
AR> imply for heterosexual porn?

and all these years, I thought the discussion was about

a.  the objectification (and sometimes, degradation) entailed in the
depiction of those who appear in porn

b. the broader impact of that objectification etc. on the social etc.
condition of a group (normally, women)

now I see it's about whether men and women subordinate themselves by
watching -- say -- child porn.  Talk about a whole new paradigm,

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx