[lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral :Law

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 05:12:31 EDT

Okay.  I give.  I plead extreme stress as cause of my recent  accident and my
Mother's cancer.  I cannot for the life of me imagine or  think what "lk" is.
 Exactly *how* ignorant that is, I don't know  yet.  Some kind soul clue me
in?

Julie Krueger
longing to swim laps

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral :Law
Date: 8/4/05 10:41:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So that's what Mike wrote.  I wrote a paper  on Turnbull's book in some
undergrad moment ages ago.  I remember  disagreeing with the person (not
Turnbull himself) who wrote in the liner  notes on the back cover that
the Ik had lost  their community because  they stopped caring.  I thought
surely it was obvious that they'd  stopped caring because they'd lost
their community.  It's a very  depressing book ( The Mountain People) but
worth the time and effort and  anxiety.
Ursula
North Bay