[lit-ideas] Re: Inner Moral :Law

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:00:17 -0400

Is that actually surprising [?]

To me, yes.

I was walking through Trianon Park in the center of Sao Paulo. It is a hundred acres of original rainforest (mata Atlantica) in the middle of the city. Left my glasses in a case on a stone bench. Walked out of the park, got in a car, was driving away, realized I lost my glasses, and went back. A young man from the Northeast was sitting next to them. He was waiting for me to come back and was guarding them until my return. I offered him a reward which he refused.

That was very surprising too, especially in a city larger than L.A.