[lit-ideas] Re: Inferring the Poodle Card

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:32:55 -0700

On Oct 30, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

> On 10/27/2010 10:21 PM, David Ritchie wrote:
>>  I've sort of learned that when Brits play the 'poodle card', it's more
>> emotional than rational and it sounded like he was playing the poodle card."
>

> A reflection of ancient Franco-phobia. The bulldog card is placed face up in
> times of crisis

Some dweeb at the beeb wrote that.  "David Ritchie cut and pasted" is what your
post should say at the outset.  But your point is well taken..., Dunkirk
spirit, bulldogs all the way around.  Unless the crisis is a desperate shortage
of yaps, in which case they call in a West Highland Terrier or a Sheltie or
scampering thing of that ilk.

David Ritchie,
fond of real dogs in
Portland, Oregon