[lit-ideas] Re: Human beings.

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:13:28 -0700

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:43 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

I just heard someone say "incentivize" on public TV.

I love human beings.

I have been reading Darren Kilfara, "A Golfer's Education," which is light and straightforward, a relaxing book. Describing the Alfred Dunhill Cup, a tournament about which--as is the case with almost all golf tournaments--I know nothing, he says it, "has a unique format and a distressingly high noise-to-signal ratio." No doubt this phrase has been in your ammunition pouch for many a year, but I'm just now adding it to mine.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon