[lit-ideas] Re: How's this for a conversation starter?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:58:24 EDT

<<Donal
Always willing to think the unthinkable
Bellvue  Psychiatric Hospital>>

Patient or Psychiatrist?

Julie Krueger

========Original Message========
Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: How's this for a conversation starter?  Date: 6/1/06
8:52:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of course, when JS Mill first suggested that  the aim of government was
maximum employment and economic progress it was  equally shockingly out of
tune with the times; and yet now it is the central  aim of most democractic
governments! So these paeds could be on to something.  And, hell, why do any
of us dare assume they are paeds anyway rather than  offering this radical
program for the sake of the children? Are we not too  cynical? O tempera, o
mores!

> Sex with
> animals  should be allowed although abuse of animals should remain illegal,
>  the
> NVD said.

Yes. What if they enjoy it? Why should they  be prevented of the pleasures of
human sexual contact? This is surely a  specieist prejudice elevating human
over animal rights - when in fact we  should be compelled to have connection
with eager beavers and the like,  whether we like it or not.

Donal
Always willing to think the  unthinkable
Bellvue Psychiatric Hospital
England

> The  party also said everybody should be allowed to go naked in public and

> promotes legalizing all soft and hard drugs and free train travel for  all.

I do draw the line at free train travel, however. Whatever  next?

Send instant messages to your online friends  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com