[lit-ideas] Re: Ground Zero (hey, Eric?)

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 00:33:29 -0500

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Lawrence Helm
<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
I'm reminded of D. H. Lawrence who wrote "The minority of whites
intellectualize the Red Man and laud him to the skies.  But this minority of
whites is mostly a high-brow minority with a big grouch against its own
whiteness."

 Lawrence and Lawrence apparently believe that white people are superior
people.  I think we've heard all this before at the cost of tens of millions
of lives.  No thanks, Lawrence.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take away from Lawrence's post on
Lawrence.  What does "race spirit" mean?  Why does he say: "Self-hatred is
the in-thing of the "high-brow minority "?   Who is the "high brow minority
with a big grouch against its own whiteness"?  Is it he?

Mike Geary
Memphis