[lit-ideas] Re: Grammar Girl link

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:30:52 -0000

> > One could also remember Lay, lady, lay, lay
>
> and one could also remember that it's ungrammatical

<heavy sigh>  I was joking (in rejoinder to Robert's suggested
literary reminders)

But NB

"Now I lay me down to sleep"

"Lay thee down now and rest"

"Lay thee down on thy bed"

      "And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark
the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover
his feet, and lay thee down;"