[lit-ideas] Facebook (Re: Re: Fwd: Re: Where did the pictures go?)

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

I've been playing with Facebook out of professional curiosity. I am of the
minority that is somewhat underwhelmed, but anyway...

I thinked we've kicked around the idea, at least we as in Andreas and yours
truly, that maybe this mailing list ought to be a message board. One reason is
that people seem to like to post photos, attachments and so on. Linking would
be lot easier too, including linking to past posts. Another one is that email
is bit too instant, there have been quite a few threads I would've liked to
participate to, but not at the pace they were conducted in. A message board
like format could have a thread for all things Wittgenstein for example.

Then again, email is almost universally accessible and discourages bells and
whistles. Both are big positives. Not that forums and the list are mutually
exclusive of course

I could go and on about this, actually I'd love to... Anyway, I just created a
Facebook group called lit-ideas to experiment with, feel free to use and abuse.
It is in "closed" status now, which I take to mean that I have to approve
members.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.