[lit-ideas] Re: Equal Time

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:34:34 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 5, 2004 4:38 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Equal Time

> My apologies to the group for being so 'street' in my last few posts.

No apology called for.  No one I know is voting FOR Kerry, only against
Bush.  When Kerry ran away from his stalwart condemnation of the War in
Vietnam, I ran away from Kerry.

A.A. Kerry took a painful beating on his position on Vietnam.  It's not
extremely surprising that he learned to go with the political flow.  During the
debate what distinguished him from Bush is that he spoke in specifics.  Bush
kind of just threw another log on the fire, told us about Mrs. O'Leary's cow
... .

M.G.I want so badly to vote for Nader -- I love
Nader --

A.A.  So does Nader.  I want to know why Nader is drawing votes away from Kerry
if he cares so much about the environment.

M.G. but I don't dare risk it.  Even though Tennessee wiill surely go
solidly for Bush -- the guy they'd rather go fishing with (hey, we're down
to earth folk here) -- still I realize that as I choose, so will a certain
percentage of like-minded folk choose.  I choose to make them all vote for
Kerry.

A.A. The whole country would rather go fishing than solve problems.  People
just plain don't want to be bothered with facts.

P.S. > I've
> lost my patience and I'm in a bad mood.... I probably shouldn't post
> when that happens.

M.G. Then why post at all?  No one cares when you're happy.  Anger makes the
world go round.

A.A. It sure makes politics go round.  Politics has everything to do with
emotions and with fantasy and nothing at all to do with rationality.

Andy Amago

Mike Geary
Memphis