[lit-ideas] Re: Election Protection

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Oct 2004 20:49:06 PDT

Marlena writes

>This came in from another list that I am on...wondered if anyone else was
aware of it...?

>I'd not heard of a long-distance carrier called 'working assets'.  Has anyone
else?

Working Assets began as a long distance phone service that gave part of its
profits to progressive causes. They still are, but they now offer wireless
service and a credit card. If you sign up for their phone service you get 180
free minutes _and_ 12 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. We had their service
for years but somehow dropped it when we needed some sort of complicated phone
service.

>Do you think things will change at all if Bush is re-elected?  If so,  how?<

I think that if Bush is re-elected there will peace in our time; everyone who
wants a well-paying, satisfying job will have one; there will be no more liars
in public places; Canada will control our health care system; France will
petition to become the fifty-first state; Dick Cheney will come out of the
closet; the concept of war will become unintelligible (thanks to David Ritchie's
concept-reduction program); Mike Geary will be appointed Attorney General; and
there will be pie in the sky when you die.

Robert Paul