[lit-ideas] Re: Election Protection

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:19:44 EDT

<<Do  you think things will change at all if Bush is re-elected?  If so,
how?<>>
Frankly, I don't care because if that  happens I'll be in possession of 4
one-way tickets to New Zealand.  But you  all keep me informed as long as you
can
smuggle e-mail out of the  country!
Julie Kreuger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Election
Protection  Date: 10/15/04 10:49:32 PM Central Daylight Time  From:
_Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Marlena writes

>This came in from  another list that I am on...wondered if anyone else was
aware of  it...?

>I'd not heard of a long-distance carrier called 'working  assets'.  Has
anyone
else?

Working Assets began as a long  distance phone service that gave part of its
profits to progressive causes.  They still are, but they now offer wireless
service and a credit card. If you  sign up for their phone service you get 180
free minutes _and_ 12 pints of  Ben and Jerry's ice cream. We had their
service
for years but somehow dropped  it when we needed some sort of complicated
phone
service.

>Do you  think things will change at all if Bush is re-elected?  If so,
how?<

I think that if Bush is re-elected there will peace in our time;  everyone who
wants a well-paying, satisfying job will have one; there will be  no more
liars
in public places; Canada will control our health care system;  France will
petition to become the fifty-first state; Dick Cheney will come  out of the
closet; the concept of war will become unintelligible (thanks to  David
Ritchie's
concept-reduction program); Mike Geary will be appointed  Attorney General;
and
there will be pie in the sky when you  die.

Robert  Paul