[lit-ideas] Re: DP in fernem Land

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:43:38 -0500

DP = Displaced Person. My parents ended up in Austria after the war (separately)

and met and married and had five of us in three and a half years.
We all had American Green Cards (1954) but I never became a citizen.
Married when I was eighteen.   Canadian was my first citizenship.
(Although I might look into getting dual citizenship with Romania (where my father is from)).
That gets you an EU friendly pasport, don't you know....

More than you wanted to know, I'm sure...
Best,
U.  (no longer DP)

Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:
Did not get what you meant by the initials when you said you went to Chicago. Sorry. Cheers,