[lit-ideas] Re: Two Nights at the Opera

  • From: Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:43:16 -0500

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to Mark Twain,  "Wagner's music is really much better than it
> sounds."
> But, never the twain met, I imagine...

I prefer Luigi Dallapiccola's famous crack that Vivaldi didn't write
hundreds of concerti but only one concerto hundreds of times.
Unfortunately for me, but very fortunately for Phil Enns, it's almost
impossible for me to pun on Dallapiccola, so I can just insult him by
saying his name sounds like luncheon meat.