[lit-ideas] Re: Costumes

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:32:16 -0700

I meant to write
Mike Geary wrote

I've always considered neckties as phallic symbols --flaccid-phallic symbols. They've always seemed to me to be a statement over the gate to our curture that reads: "Abandon all hope of fun, ye who enter here." Yeah, but then I come from a working class background.

I think you should give us an analysis of bolos (the 'Western' ties), and bow ties. If you're not to busy, you might deconstruct the Windsor, the half-Windsor, and the four-in-hand. (I'd be careful with that last one.)

Yours appreciatively,

Robert Paul
Tie-less in Gaza