[lit-ideas] Re: Cheney's shooting expedition

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:21:00 -0500

>>For me, $25 is a bit much--and so I can understand not wanting to pay for a license.

I always had to have a fishing license. Even in the most remote fly fishing streams in PA, if you were there long enough, you'd run into a state game warden who would ask to see it if it were not properly displayed on your vest. The money goes to a good cause though.

>>What instrument do you play? Would you play if you had been given the opportunity?

I noodle at the piano. For three years, a nun tried to teach me the violin but I never got beyond second position. Also had an autoharp as a kid, but made little progress on it. Took French horn lessons for four years, but didn't like it. Too much spit cleaning, too much hand-in-bell.

My fantasy instrument is xylophone. Would love to play "Dance of the Octopus" like Red Norvo.