[lit-ideas] Re: Cheney's shooting expedition

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:59:29 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2006 5:30:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
carolkir@xxxxxxxx writes:

Am I  alone in hoping this country--nay, the world--\can
just hang in there and  survive the bush administration?

Oh, and speaking of Cheney's hunt--what *really* bothers me is that we'll  be
going fishing on a private 100-acre island in May--and we are told that we
(well, me--my son's not yet old enough to need one) have to pay $25 online to
get a fishing license.

Cheney didn't have a hunting permit--granted, he was given a citation  and
fined $7 for that, but -- if HE can get away with it, why cannot  we?   How
many
years had he been hunting without the proper  permits/licenses?

Wonder if he has a fishing license, too?

For me, $25 is a bit much--and so I can understand not wanting to pay for a
license.  But, I will--it IS the law after all...but it makes me cross--I
don't want to because of sparing the money, not because I'm above the law.
Cheney does not have to count his pennies, but I do.  I live on a  budget...but
it
makes me cross that our Vice-President considers himself above  the law.  Here
in MO, if you get caught without a permit--you'd be in HUGE  trouble. NOT a
$7 slap on the wrist...

Speaking of the price of gas, (whine whine), I had to not allow my  child to
take the bass lessons he always wanted--the orchestra teacher in his  middle
school said that my son could catch up if he took the lessons form this
guy--who's the best in the area--so that within two years, he'd be not only
ready
for high school orchestra (he decided to not continue with the violin--and  had
always wanted to play the bass but was not big enough...and he finally is!
[this is still exciting to us...], but his dream of playing jazz would come
true. However, the private instructor is over on the Kansas side and  the gas
just tipped the cost of the lessons over the edge beyond the  budget.

What instrument do you play?  Would you play if you had been given the
opportunity?  What  is it that you like about it?

Best,
Marlena
with a tune in her head