[lit-ideas] Re: Censorship Battle Over Frenchman's Face [was War Is War Is War] *clarification*

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:03:29 -0700

On Sep 6, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Omar Kusturica wrote:

> *I was kind of wondering where I was being placed in this taxonomy, since I
> am no longer a political heckler and I haven't ever really been an avid
> writer of letters to newspapers. That leaves us with idle tosspots who argue
> inconsequentially over their beer, which has some empirical merit.
>
> O.K.

Idle tosspots may, and this of course is subject to empirical verification, be
preferable in many ways to industrious ones.  Tossing back a pot of ale in an
idle moment is one thing; drinking while, say, at work in the fields of the
Lord, could be problematic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tosspot

David Sea Urchin
(on an Italian menu)