[lit-ideas] Re: Bush's domestic tsunami and a question

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:38:14 -0600

LH:

Mike doesn't attack Ahmadinejad, only Bush.

Why would I attack Ahmadinejad? I'm not responsible for him, I have no vote in Iran. And like you, I know next to nothing of their culture or their political situation. The man seems like a moron to me, but I'm not responsible for him. Bush is the only one I can do anything about and the only thing I can do about him is scream his crimes and stupidities to the rooftops and vote against all the little Republican cryptoFascist plutocrats who come my way.

which is to say that even though he [Mike] makes a number of Islamist arguments, he probably isn't one;<<

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!  Ah, Lawrence, you're a National Treasure.

which means he [Mike] probably isn't interested in a reasonable discussion or argument. <<

hmmm. Wondering where the reasoning is in that statement.

So in terms of Foreign Policy Bush is the wise and courageous leader. I realize some people will prefer Ahmadinejad and Rafsanjani to Bush, but perhaps they won't read this. <<

Well, yes, I would think that it's safe to say that the majority of Iranians would prefer Ahmadinejad and Rafsanjani to Bush and I think you're safe in assuming not many Iranians will read this. But whom would I prefer to Bush? I've given it a lot of thought and have finally come up with Bill Frost -- not Frist, not that voodoo doctor who diagnoses people through TV and plays a Senator in Washington. No, I'm talking about William Frost. You're probably not aware of Frost. He was a Midtown Memphis homeless guy. Not a wine-o or doper or psychotic, just a very strange fellow who rejected the American dream as a nightmare and was very interesting to talk to. But the local cops beat him up with their truncheons late one night several years ago and dropped him unconscious in Overton Park where he died of internal injuries. They were found not guilty, of course -- the cops were. Frost, it turns out, had vomited all over the pants legs of one of them after being hit in the stomach. The bastard! Who could blame them? So I guess Frost is out as a replacement for Bush, I mean, seeing as how he's dead and all. But hell, even dead, he'd be better than Bush.

De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine, please, please, please let this country survive these neo-conmen, I know we don't deserve it, but please, think twice for once in your life, Lord, maybe the Democrats will get back into power.

Mike Geary
Memphis