[lit-ideas] Re: Bush's domestic tsunami and a question

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:09:33 -0800

From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I suspect we agree that Bush's Foreign Policy has been a good one.  The more
I read, the more reasons I find for that view.  So in terms of Foreign
Policy Bush is the wise and courageous leader.

Let's see...

US relations with the entire planet are at basically rock bottom. The US started an illegal war in Iraq over fake intelligence. Tens of thousands dead. $2 trillion totally wasted. It can't get worse.

Well, actually, it could. The US could start a nuclear war in Iran over fake intelligence. Yep, that'll do it.

The US just got clobbered over human rights. Namely, the torture dungeons.

Environment? Can you remember Kyoto?

Treaties? The US just ignores them.

And as for Bush himself? Whenever he shows up in a foreign country, it takes 5,000 to 10,000 police and military to protect him. Not even Stalin or Hitler needed that many bodyguards. He's possibly the most ridiculed and despised person in history.

Lawrence, you only read books that fit in your extremely narrow ultra-rightwing
worldview.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com