[lit-ideas] Re: Am I subscribed?

  • From: andy amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:52:34 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Apr 29, 2004 12:29 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Am I subscribed?

--- andy amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ever see young Muslims over there (if
> television is to be believed) who denounce America
> while wearing American jeans?  Brainwashing, takes
> very little brain, but makes the world go round.

You wrote:  I somehow fail to see the shocking contradiction
involved in denouncing the US government policies
"while wearing American jeans." How about Americans
denouncing the Saudi regime while pumping
Saudi-produced gasoline ? Or criticising China while
wearing China-made underwear ?

My turn:   You're right.  Let's re-phrase.  Death to the Saudi government!
Death to the Saudi pigs!   Blow up their buildings!  Convert them to the true
religion!  I grant you that the Saudi relationship to the U.S., most notably to
Bush, has yet to be clarified.

Regarding the China-made underwear, Westerners buying Chinese products are
quite possibly saving some child from prostitution.  I will continue to wear
China-made underwear and will continue to criticize China.  Not buying Chinese
made underwear will isolate them, which would make matters much worse.  I admit
to not buying underwear from North Korea.

Andy

O.K.