[lit-ideas] Re: Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else

  • From: Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:25:02 -0400

Interesting, on Sept 12, 2011, on my facebook page, I posted the following
exchange between my (then 4) son and me.

Me: Don't worry Matty, everything will be fine at school and soon everyone
will realize that you are unique, just like all of the other children.
Matthew: Okay, dad. Um.... Dad, what does "unique" mean?
Me: It means, "one-of-a-kind".
Matthew: Oh, yes, of course... silly me! [repeating 'unique?' under his
breath as he walks to the bus stop]