[lit-ideas] Re: A project for Lit-Ideas

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:32:18 -0500

Another idea:

Why don't we help the border crossers set up an ecotopian subsistence
community just over our side of the border? Solar and wind power,
methane converter for the toilets, 6-volt Appropriate Technology for
electrical appliances, underground homes . . .

Take all the best ideas from Co-Evolution Quarterly and The Whole Earth
Catalog and set up a viable alternative community that can sell power
back to the utilities and provide an example of rational living to other
Americans.

Would the border crossers help? Or are they all about the money?

Eric