[lit-ideas] A project for Lit-Ideas

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:42:56 -0800

Some patriots have cast doubts on the Americanality of Lit-Ideas people.

To allay such fears, I've signed us up for the following project:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=80253

A vigilante group is going to protect the border of the US of A against illegal
unamericans.

We, the LIV (Lit-Ideas-Vigilantes) have been assigned to watch, protect, and
defend a
50-mile stretch of border in Arizona, starting at a townlet named "Madre Dios
Estamos
Perdidos" to another town named "Gatos Chingados" (These names sound like
Greek. Can any
Classicists translate these?).

Of course, what we do with the border crossers is up to us, so I propose that
we teach them
on-the-spot seminars on Kant and Grice.

yrs,
andreas