[lit-ideas] Re: A gift to the List on this Christmas Day

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Judith Evans <judith.evans001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:12:33 -0330

Now why does Judith ask THAT question instead of "Onora knows you?"

Yes, I think I know her quite well though we've never actually met. Manny and I
feel we share so much in common with her that I feel comfortable on a first
name basis, outside the walls of Cambridge U of course. (Wittgenstein, on the
other hand, will always be "Wittgenstein," inside or outside the walls of
Cambridge U.)

Walter O.