[lit-ideas] Re: 4 Grandkids

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:18:51 -0400

Well, actually, I was more thinking of Emerson's dictum: Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.

Then there's the stranger at the crossroads story...

Ursula
with only 38 exams left to mark in sunny North Bay

Donal McEvoy wrote:

--- On *Sun, 25/4/10, Mike Geary /<jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    >Ursula's observation that you can only find what is already in
    you, smacks of >Gnosticism to me -- Gnosticism as I interpret it
and agree with. This"observation" can be viewed as trite or false, depending how
    it is interpreted.