[Linux-Discussion] Re: apache and frontpage?

  • From: Paul <landerso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:51:18 -0400

John Madden wrote:

> I think the real threat here is that if I can't get it to work, they'll
> just setup a win2k machine to do it instead.

Well, if they put in a Win2k box you can always resort to subtle
sabotage.  Take some pliers and really smush the ethernet cable good and
flat.  Then, take a power cord and wrap it around the ethernet cable a
couple times.  Do so in a spot that's hard to find.  Routing near a
flourescent light is helpful, as well.  That should bring the speed down
to slightly below arcnet.  Then, complain incessantly about it's
horrible speed and refuse to work on the box because "it'll make the
UNIX machines sulk", or: "Uhm, I'm not really that good with Windows.
Deltree is the same thing as cp in UNIX, right?"

Remember: Undoing the twist in the wire for a good couple inches before
the connector is a great source of free RFI!  And it's non-fattening!

> Well, this is an educational thing.  It's political: the college *teaches*
> web devel in FP, so we're expected to show support for it.

Colleges teach forensics, don't they?  Have you seen any college
officials supporting that by killing people?  I think not!

>  I found
> instructions on somebody's webpage that actually worked quite well.

It's still profoundly evil.

-- Paul Anderson, Apprentice To The BOFH