[Linux-Discussion] Re: Re. Novell Mail Server

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:03:54 -0500

On Monday 11 June 2001 10:02, you wrote:
> Robert,
>
>     I am in one department of the college, and the Mail server is in
> another department. We can't change the machines as we like.

Ah, ok.

Well, if you want your linux machine to be the central SMTP server, you
need to configure the novell box to use it as its "smart host."  I don't
know how to configure netware's smtp service though.

Are you able to send mail out if you specify the linux machine as your
smtp server?

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA