[Linux-Discussion] Re: Re. Novell Mail Server

  • From: bobbya <bobbya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:36:04 -0700

Natanam,

So then your Novell machine will not be connected to the internet
anymore? You then want your Linux machine to be the mail
server? My Linux machine is a web server, apache web server, it is also
a mail server, but that is double the work. Usually
a mail server machine does just that, i.e., one machine with one card
does web serving, another machine with another card
does the mail serving. The work load is divided. If you have a fast
connection and not too much demand for uploading and a t1
line, your machine can do both, i.e., not be overloaded with having to
upload web files and email. Nowadays, everybody is
requiring mail servers to upload all kinds of files, not just text, but
video, audio, web pages with all kinds of images etc.

Robert