[linux-cirrus] Re: touchscreen driver of linux-2.6.12 and QT-2.3.10 and OPIE and

  • From: Simon Poole <simon.armlinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:26:10 +0100

Michael Burian wrote:

> touchscreen:
> Seems like the constants you've patched are configuration data,
> right?
>
> If yes, we should make it Kconfig-ureable
> If no, we need to decide if the current constants are broken.
>
> If they are broken ==> fix them
> If the are not broken ==> keep them

The constants proposed by Sanit are basically the same as the ones I use
in my user-space calibration.  Mine are tested with 6" touchscreens from
two different manufacturers.

IMHO, they are much better defaults than 0x0 and 0xfff.

In terms of configurability, is there no standard IOCTL for supplying ts
calibration constants to kernel drivers?  I believe hh.org use one
called TS_SET_CAL, but I'm not very familiar with their stuff.

--
Simon Poole
www.appliancestudio.com