[linux-cirrus] Re: touchscreen driver of linux-2.6.12 and QT-2.3.10 and OPIE and

  • From: Michael Burian <dynmail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:43:21 +0200

hi qpe wrote:
> sorry to can not attach the patchs, since the list seem not suport the
> attached files??,

this is a known limitation (feature?;) of our list

> And there is no place to put the patchs, somebody can help me, if
> interesting it.

The usual workarounds are

a) send everybody that _really_ needs the patch a CC
+ easy
- doesn't scale well

b) paste the patch as plaintext
+ good for public review
- just useful for short patches
- patches might get mangled, line wrapped, ...

c) put the patch on some homepage and just post a link
+ best solution, everybody can get the patch and review
+ no mangling, linewrap, ...
- requires homepage

I usually prefer c).

As far as your scripts / patches against opie, konq, qt, ...
are concerned, I'd recommend to put them on a homepage
in either case, maybe together with screenshots and instructions.

Regarding the kernel patch: please do not send me patches
that fix things other people already sent me or took care of.
(usb). Exception: there's something wrong with the way they fixed it,
but in that case better discuss it on linux-cirrus first.

touchscreen:
Seems like the constants you've patched are configuration data,
right?

If yes, we should make it Kconfig-ureable
If no, we need to decide if the current constants are broken.

If they are broken ==> fix them
If the are not broken ==> keep them

My board isn't equipped with a touch screen (yet, but who knows?)
so I cannot test it.

The #if 0 #endif blocks can stay for now, I'd like to clean them up
later.