[linux-cirrus] Re: new Cirrus Logic Linux release

  • From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 23:00:34 +0200

Suddenly the skies open up, 40 days of rain stops, and choirs of strange voices start singing 'aaaaaa' ... hehehe... just kidding.

Does your kernel support the physmap for TS7xxx boards? I believe Breton has posted patches for later kernel releases on this list.

Could you post a list of features / differences between the ep93xx support that's in the latest mainstream kernel and the cirrus kernel?

Good job :)

~/Chris

Brian Austin wrote:
Yes, it has been a very long time, but I am happy to say we are now
releasing the new Cirrus Linux package.

This release contains......

1. Linux-2.6.17.14

2.  A new build system based off of buildroot.
http://buildroot.uclibc.org

3.  Updated toolchain.  gcc-4.1.1 uClibc-0.9.28.3

You can still use the older gcc-3.4.3 toolchain as well.

We added some IRDA applications and a new MP3 Player, MPG123.

We have a new Audio I2S driver and best of all a real FB Driver.

you can switch video modes from 640x480 up to 1280x720 using fbset.
You can also  run these from the kernel command line.

The docs are updated online as well.

There are a few issues that we are working on now.

1.  Booting up edb9307A with a resolution of 1024x768 at 24bpp does not
work right now.  It does for all other boards, but not 07a.  I'm working
on it now.

2. MPG123 gets slow with raster in high resolutions as well.

We support the following modes with the new FB driver....

   1     CRT-640x480-60
    2     CRT-640x480-72
    3     CRT-640x480-75
    4     CRT-640x480-85
    5     CTR-640x480-100
    6     CRT-800x600-56
    7     CRT-800x600-60
    8     CRT-800x600-72
    9     CRT-800x600-85
    10    CRT-800x600-100
    11    CRT-1024x768-60
    12    CRT-1024x768-70
    13    CRT-1024x768-75
    14    CRT-1024x768-85
    15    CRT-1280x720-60

and for TV......

0       NTSC    640x400         Boot-up Screan          Standart
    1   NTSC    640x480         Desktop                 Lower
    2   NTSC    640x480         Desktop                 Higher
    3   NTSC    720x400         Boot-up Screen          Standart
    4   NTSC    720x480         DVD                     Very Low
    5   NTSC    800x600         Desktop                 Alternate
    6   NTSC    800x600         Desktop                 Lower
    7   NTSC    800x600         Desktop                 Higher
    8   NTSC    800x600         Desktop                 Standart
    9   NTSC    1024x768        Desktop                 Standart
    10  NTSC    1024x768        Desktop                 Lower
    11  NTSC    1024x768        Desktop                 Higher
    12  PAL     640x400         Boot-up Screen          Standart
    13  PAL     640x480         Desktop                 Standart
    14  PAL     640x480         Desktop                 Lower
    15  PAL     640x480         Desktop                 Higher
    16  PAL-M   640x480         Desktop for Brazil      Standart
    17  PAL-Nc  640x480         Desktop for Argentina   Standart
    18  PAL     720x400         Boot-up Screen          Standart
    19  PAL     800x600         Desktop                 Lower
    20  PAL     800x600         Desktop                 Standart
    21  PAL     800x600         Desktop                 Higher
    22  PAL     1024x768        Desktop                 Standart
    23  PAL     1024x768        Desktop                 Higher
Depths of 8,16, and 24.

With this new release and system, I will be able to release updates and
new software MUCH quicker than before.

You can get the new stuff here.

http://arm.cirrus.com/files/linux/releases/linux-2.6

and the new toolchain here.