[linux-cirrus] Re: Guide me please

  • From: Nabil shaukat <nabilshaukat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:12:06 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Matteo ,

                             It means that you approximate other ICs (SDRAM
Flash and Ehternet) for only 700mA ? I think two SDRAM will take about 400mA
and Flashes about 100mA and ethernet transiever about 200mA and if u connect
IDE on it will take extra bit of current ?

Best Regards

Nabil Shaukat

r&d3-dave-tech <r&d3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,

User manual declare for EP9315 a total power dissipation of 2W (1V8+3V3)
MAX value.
For 1V8 manual provides a typ. value for core current supply : 200mA.
I'd like to have a maximum value for current supply, by cirrus but
sfortunately ...

...Though I'm feel to assume that maximum value for core current supply is
about 400mA.
(absolute personal value but I hope it's pessimistic estimation )

So for 1,8x400 = 720mW (approximate).
So only 1,3W of total dissipation should be given by 3V3 I/O voltage.
Then for 3V3 we should have only 1.3 /3.3= (about ) 700mA .

What do you think?

Now I have an LM1117-1.8 (1A max) that generate 1.8V from 3.3V and an
LD1086 (1,5A) that provide the 3V3.
EP9315 with LAN, 3 serial, one USB port in function works fine and Current
in 3V3 is about 500 mA

Br,

Matteo

http://mail.yahoo.com