[Linux-Anyway] Re: Localhost??

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:11:10 +0200

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:43:22 -0700 (PDT), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>   So, at least there're no connections being granted, but what
> the hell is it?  I don't see anything in ps implying that
> something is doing this.

Remind me which dostro you're running....

Most binaries called in.something are not daemons but something invoked via
inetd or xinetd depending on your distro.

This one is one which tries to inform you when you have new mail arriving.
Pretty pointless IMO so why not just remove it and have done with it?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)