[Linux-Anyway] Re: Localhost??

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:43:22 -0700 (PDT)

> > Are you sure it's not someone spoofing the source IP address?

>   No, I'm not.

  Well, I got back & found that it hadn't stopped, so I reset
eth0.  But, for some reason, though I got no errors on restart,
it wasn't starting up, so I rebooted.

  I look again, & I'm still getting lines like:

Apr  8 16:39:10 Lilith in.comsat[1879]: refused connect from
localhost

  So, at least there're no connections being granted, but what
the hell is it?  I don't see anything in ps implying that
something is doing this.

--
  Today is the first day of the rest of your lossage.