[lifesaviors] Feedback <Scott> detailed response PART 3 of 4

  • From: <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Palaces4People@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:01:13 -0700 (PDT)

Since yahoo mail and yahoogroups mail unexpectedly
truncates long messages, this reply to Scott's points
is presented in parts:

PART 3 of 4

> Also some of your items come across as arrogant and
> self centered.

Did you know that in an infinite universe each person
IS in the center of it? What's wrong with that -- you
got a thing against physics?

> My case
> in point is 64. Wei Chi entry.  No one is going to
> be awstruck that you
> have spent 30 years thinking about something, nor is
> it going to make
> everyone say "Hey, this guy spent 30 years sitting
> on gods on technology,
> we must worship on the altar of his ego!".

And you have a lot of experience negotiating with the
communist top-down authoritarian Chinese, and their
scared-stiff science drones with internet censors
reading all their emails in each direction?

> Calling
> people stupid does not
> endear you to them.

One way to not fear the label "stupid" is to know you
have not earned it. People seeing a label they know
does not apply to them are teflon to that label.
People were bluntly told: "IF you ACT stupid, I will
CONSIDER that you are stupid". I don't care if it
endears me to them to tell them the blunt truth.

> They will most likely just
> write you off as another
> crackpot and go on with their lives.

Their loss. With three sometimes-fatal health
conditions I won't waste time on people who cannot
evaluate data, including hard numbers which they can
check on their own calculators. You play the
brown-nosing time-wasting games. I don't have enough
days left in my life to cater to losers who
can't/won't check data.

> No one will
> care what you thought and
> the world will go on like it has.

No it won't. The world will become uninhabitable in
your lifetime, and your offspring will have no future.
There were 3,000,000,000 when I was born, now there
are 6,000,000,000 and there is already widespread
ecological collapse on all continents. There are
4,000,000,000 waiting to be born. If the slums of the
world have taught you anything, they have taught you
that humans can marginally survive in denuded debased
and impoverished landscapes better than almost every
other species. There will be humans hanging on in
misery long after the last tree is dead, maybe in
underground hovels drinking what we presently consider
cesspool water, and liking it.

> I'm assuming that
> you are doing this so
> that you can make an impact with your ideas.

I'm going to be dead a long time before most of you.
What makes you think I care about selfish pigs and
want to make their lives better and/or longer? If you
can't understand the value of conservation biology and
ecological compatibility, go take some night courses
at you local community college.

> You need to decide what your goal is.  Do you want
> to be as rich as Bill
> Gates?

I am already richer than bill gates, and I have been
ever since he made money his god. As long as I don't
go down that path, which leads to a sewer, I will
continue to be richer than bill gates. If Palaces For
the People are ever constructed, I will have stronger,
safer, more comfortable housing and be drinking purer
water than bill gates gets in that $50,000,000 turkey
of his.

> If so, take some of these glorious ideas you
> claim to have and turn
> them into products and make the money. Don't bother
> spending 20 hours
> rendering a hundred slightly different images of one
> of your cities.

SO, at last, feedback on the ONE PAGE I asked for
feedack on. Unclear on the concept, Scott doesn't
realize that multiple views which show the camera POV
and show the rendered view have data content, which
aids evaluation off "What might it look like in a park
in a real ecovillage", and "Where am I", and "What
exactly am I looking at?

Sincerely, Lion Kuntz
Santa Rosa, California, USA.

PS: google reports: Searched the web for "Palaces for
the People".   Results 1 - 100 of about 365. Search
took 0.75 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&newwindow=1&q=%22Palaces+For+the+People%22
... this is up from 232 when I started this
educational campaign two weeks ago. So at least some
part of the program is working. Ain't intelligence
grand? Wonder what the numbers will be tomorrow?

http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/Asia_Floods/Wet/All_Wet.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/Asia_Floods/Asia_Floods.html

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com