[lifesaviors] Feedback <Scott> detailed response PART 2 of 4

  • From: <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Palaces4People@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:59:43 -0700 (PDT)

Since yahoo mail and yahoogroups mail unexpectedly
truncates long messages, this reply to Scott's points
is presented in parts:

PART 2 of 4

> I would also get rid
> of the thousand links
> you have at the bottom of each page.

Tst, Tsk. Links on the bottom of the page are totally
out of your way, and no bother to anyone not looking
for something to complain about.
These links are on the bottom of every page of
yahoomail: Mail -  Address Book - Calendar - Notepad
Address Book · Auctions · Autos · Briefcase · Calendar
· Chat · Classifieds · Finance · Games · Geocities ·
Greetings · Groups · Health · Horoscopes · HotJobs ·
Kids · Mail · Maps · Member Directory · Messenger ·
Mobile · Movies · Music · My Yahoo! · News · PayDirect
· Personals · Pets · Photos · Platinum · Shopping ·
Sports · TV · Travel · Weather · Yellow Pages ·
more...

My links help me get higher rankings in the search
engines. "Palaces For The People" holds the 6th
through 60th positions on http://www.google.com (the
world's most used search engine) because google counts
links to pages to rank them. I can't make you put
links to my pages on YOUR pages, but I do have control
over MY pages. Without these links on the bottom of
the pages, the top 180 hits on a google search would
take you to various bookstore catalog pages offering
an obscure book called "Palaces For The People" which
is Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,663,616 in the frigging
basement. Why should I ask people to wade through page
after page of obscure book links to locate one of my
links when I have it within my intelligent power to
uplift myself. It is this kind of application of
intelligence versus superficial anal retentive
rule-following is why "Palaces For The People" will
succeed. Each time I use the phrase "Palaces For The
People" in my yahoogroups mail, or show the links:
http://www.ecosyn.us/Interesting/
http://www.ecosyn.us/Ecovillage/
http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Proposal/Palaces_For_The_People.html
... I am being RELEVENT to future building technology
and competing against an obscure IRRELEVENT book which
was only published in August 2003, 8 months after I
started using the phrase. TOMORROW this email will be
linked to on google.com, when many webmasters wait
months to get a new page spidered. Intelligence is why
my Palaces For The People will succeed, and an obscure
book about obsolete housing technology will not bury
it.

> Put one link
> at the bottom to your
> table of contents, one to your links directory and
> one to your home page.
> When you are making a claim in your text and you
> have a link to back it up,
> put the link inline with the text.

Anal-retentive rule-making for suicidal failure. No
thanks.

> Your first page is kind of a mess.

My first page is whichever page I send you to first.
You still have not gotten clear on the concept that
hypertext has no first page. None, nada, never,
ziltch, zero. My "splash page" http://www.ecosyn.us is
NEVER the first page I refer anybody to, and it exists
only to pretend to be a splash page.

> Put one or two
> pictures of your
> proposed palaces and some introductory text there.

You haven't gotten clear on the concept that Palaces
For The People is only one leg of a tripod plan, which
includes Solar PV Breeders technology (both
stand-alone, and integrated into Palaces For The
People), and "Ecological-SynergyTM" which is an
advanced microfarming technology set to produce more
on less space than ever before. I referred you to ONE
page for feedback, and you went and criticised a whole
website without ever visiting three-fourths of the
pages on the site. I have more than ONE splash page,
or entry portal, which I furnish to different people
whom have different interests. Sooner or later, links
on the bottom of the pages cross-link to mesh the
three tripod legs, but feedback has shown me not to do
a data core-dump on people and give them too much data
on too many subjects at once. It is HARD introducing
hundreds of new technological breakthrough at once.
For one thing jealous people think I am grandstanding
when the facts are that I am concealing 99% of the new
stuff to keep it simple for them.

> Put a link to the
> challenges, put a link to the solutions, maybe a
> couple other high level
> links. Get rid of your ecocyn.us, welcome background
> bitmap on the lower
> part of the page it just is annoying and in the way.

The 5th International Ecocity Conference and post
conference forum is over.
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs/ecocity03/proc.html
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs/ecocity03/SPD-log1.htm
http://www.ias.unu.edu/proceedings/icibs/ecocity03/SPD-topic.htm#29

I could get rid of that cool background, except that
the two pages it is on are not ones I refer people to
as data links. The Challenges page does have a news
selector links table, but most people are in denial
about the state of the world and do not want
confirmation from 4,000 news services eyewitness
reports on the ground. Things are not as bad as it
seems: they are much much worse, and 2003 is the year
for doing something constructive. Rather than working
collectively to fix what is wrong in the world, I find
people shoot the messenger with the bad news (me and
my pages of "doom and apocalypic visions" as people
have emailed me).

>  On your first page
> and overall in your site, use plain text in your
> link descriptions, not
> just the URL.  Skimming through 2 dozen URLS looking
> for something that
> might answer a question is annoying.

A person programmed to look for annoyances is going to
find them no matter what I do. How is any of this
feedback on the marathon effort of building models to
illustrate http://www.ecosyn.us/Ecovillage/ which I
specifically asked feedback on?

> Build your pages like your fractal Ziggurats.  Each
> topic is a pyramid
> sitting on other topic pyramids. When you talk about
> water, I think a
> concise overview should be presented first with
> embedded links to all the
> numbers and caculations and links that back up your
> claims.  Let the person
> reading your site decide what is interesting to
> them.
>
> When a link is unavailable, put it in a different
> color or say something
> like "coming soon"

Do I presume you mean 100 MPG hyperlight car link?

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2002/06/26_supermileage.html
http://www.tapplastics.com/applications/app_detail.php?aid=3&;
Here: go look at an uncomfortable hyperlight car which
got a measured 1,068 miles per gallon in front of
credible witnesses. Then imagine it made comfortable
and getting only 1/10th the mileage. Then draw up the
plans for a 100 MPG hyperlight car, and I will give
you webspace to post it. OR, you can just wait 'til I
get to it.

Sincerely, Lion Kuntz
Santa Rosa, California, USA.

PS: google reports: Searched the web for "Palaces for
the People".   Results 1 - 100 of about 365. Search
took 0.75 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&newwindow=1&q=%22Palaces+For+the+People%22
... this is up from 232 when I started this
educational campaign two weeks ago. So at least some
part of the program is working. Ain't intelligence
grand? Wonder what the numbers will be tomorrow?

http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/Asia_Floods/Wet/All_Wet.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Challenges/Asia_Floods/Asia_Floods.html

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com