[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: windows apps and liblouisxml

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:11:48 +1000

On 21/05/2010 2:39 PM, qubit wrote:
I have been exchanging email with John about turning liblouisxml into a dll
and calling it from a .NET program.  He suggested asking the list if anyone
else has compiled the library as a dll on windows and imported it into their
code.
He says others have done this already, which makes me wonder how my own work
is fitting into the grand scheme of things.
If you're interested, NVDA (which is written in Python) uses liblouis, but not liblouisxml. I just build liblouis without modifications into a dll.

liblouisxml is a little trickier to build in Windows, but it's definitely possible. There is a Windows build of liblouisxml 2.0 on the project web site, but for some reason, liblouisxml is statically linked into the executables and not built as a dll.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Vice President