[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: windows apps and liblouisxml

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:51:31 +1000

On 25/05/2010 9:40 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
On Windows, ATK is not useable and GTK doesn't utilise the
native Windows accessibility APIs.
That means GTK is dead on arrival as far as cross-platform accessibility
goes.
Yup.
But then again so are probably .NET based solutions.
There is a project to make .net apps (running with Mono) accessible via ATK in Linux. However, I don't know much about it.

Is there such
a thing as an accessible, cross-platform GUI framework?
I see that you're using wx widgets for NVDA. Does that fit the bill?
It's supposed to use mostly native widgets and thus be accessible on any platform it supports. However, I did ask Eitan whether he would consider using wx and he responded that there was some problem with wx accessibility with GTK. I forget exactly what he said.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Vice President